After Hours Care
Working with pediatricians throughout the community in three different locations, MUSC Children’s Health provides after hours care to children from birth up to eighteen years of age. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians, nurses and technicians, we provide care in a family-centered atmosphere that uses the most current, evidence-based practices to diagnose and treat your child.
We are open on weeknights, weekends and holidays. When faced with the choice of an expensive ER visit or a trip to an adult facility or urgent care center, MUSC Children’s Health should be your preferred choice for after-hours care.
Once your child has been treated and discharged, you return to your child’s primary care doctor for follow-up. This ensures continuity of care and communication between the primary care doctor and the after-hours physician.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday: 3 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 12 to 7 p.m.
Services We Offer
- Breathing treatments
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – can be done as an outpatient when ordered by your pediatrician
- Flu shots
- Foreign body removal
- Oral and IV therapy for dehydration
- Sports physicals
- Testing for influenza, strep and RSV (respiratory syncytial virus infection)
- Urinary catheterization
- Wound repair with glue, staples, or steri-strips
- X-ray services specifically designed for children
- If needed, we will coordinate transfer to a higher level of specialty care or emergency evaluation/intervention.
Conditions We Treat
- Asthma and other breathing problems
- Ear aches
- Eye irritation or suspected infection
- Flu-like symptoms
- Simple lacerations that may require glue and/or steri-strips
- Sprains or strains
- Stomach pain
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration
2705 Highway 17
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466