Addressing the health care needs of adolescents requires not only treating identified health concerns, but also considering the complicated interactions of developmental changes on health care needs, the effectiveness of treatment, health education and health promotion.
Services We Offer
- The Lean Team – a school and community program encouraging healthy lifestyle habits in adolescent youth through guidance on diet and exercise.
- STOPP (Sea Island Teen Opportunity for Prevention Programs) – community- and school-based multicomponent teen pregnancy prevention program.
- Friedman Center for Eating Disorders.
- Consultation clinic with psychiatry, feeding and gynecology.
- Boeing Center for Children’s Wellness.
- Foster Care Support Clinic.
Adolescent Conditions We Treat
- Growth and development
- Health problems and injuries
- Mental health
- Cognitive development
- Healthy lifestyles
- Relationship development
- Safety and injury prevention