Working with pediatricians throughout the community in three different locations, MUSC Children’s Health provides after hours care to children from birth up to eighteen years of age. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians, nurses and technicians, we provide care in a family-centered atmosphere that uses the most current, evidence-based practices to diagnose and treat your child.
We are open on weeknights, weekends and holidays. When faced with the choice of an expensive ER visit or a trip to an adult facility or urgent care center, MUSC Children’s Health should be your preferred choice for after-hours care.
Once your child has been treated and discharged, you return to your child’s primary care doctor for follow-up. This ensures continuity of care and communication between the primary care doctor and the after-hours physician.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday: 3 to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 12 to 7 p.m.
Services We Offer
- Breathing treatments
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – can be done as an outpatient when ordered by your pediatrician
- Flu shots
- Foreign body removal
- Oral and IV therapy for dehydration
- Sports physicals
- Testing for influenza, strep and RSV (respiratory syncytial virus infection)
- Urinary catheterization
- Wound repair with glue, staples, or steri-strips
- X-ray services specifically designed for children
- If needed, we will coordinate transfer to a higher level of specialty care or emergency evaluation/intervention.
Conditions We Treat
- Asthma and other breathing problems
- Ear aches
- Eye irritation or suspected infection
- Flu-like symptoms
- Simple lacerations that may require glue and/or steri-strips
- Sprains or strains
- Stomach pain
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration