The MUSC Pediatric Hospitalist Service is a dedicated team of highly trained academic pediatricians committed to providing the highest quality of inpatient care to your pediatric patients.
We can provide excellent care to a wide diversity of patients, from commonplace illnesses to the most difficult diagnostic and therapeutic dilemmas.
Quick Reference Numbers
Pediatric Hospitalist On-Call: 1-800-922-5250 or 843-792-2200
Hospital Operator: 843-792-2123
Admission and Transfer Center: 843-792-3306
General Pediatrics Division Office: 843-876-8512
Bed Management: 843-792-3306
What We Need From You
In order to facilitate this process it is important to have the following information available:
- Referring physician’s full name, address and telephone and fax number(s).
- Patient’s full name, address and telephone number(s) and guardian information
- A brief medical history of the patient, including medical procedures already completed.
- Copies of reports from completed studies or copies of imaging studies are appreciated
What You Can Expect From Us?
- We will admit the patient, develop a plan on the day of admission, and contact you regarding our diagnosis and initial plan within 24 hours.
- We will evaluate patients for potential admission in our office or the pediatric emergency department.
- A phone contact at admission and at discharge.
- A faxed, one-page discharge summary at patient discharge
- A detailed transcribed discharge summary once completed.
- A periodic phone or fax update if your patient has a prolonged admission or significant change in condition.
- We will coordinate sub-specialty and surgical consults as needed, while continuing to oversee the overall care of your patient.
How to Contact the Hospitalist Service
Intended solely for the use of health professionals, MEDULINE – MUSC’s dedicated consultation telephone service provides convenient access to the Pediatric Hospitalist Service. Call 1-800-922-5250 or (843) 792-2200 in the Charleston area and request to speak with the "Pediatric Hospitalist Attending. You may also call the paging operator at (843) 792- 2123. The Hospitalist Attending Physician will discuss your needs for your patient and arrange admission and transfer if needed. Bed management will notify you directly when a bed is available. If you need to contact bed management directly, the number is (843) 792-3306.