- Stuebe A+, Fiumara K, Lee KG. Principles of medication use during lactation. In:
Up-to-date, Rose, BD (Ed), Up-to-date, Wellesley, MA, 2009.
- Shockey JE, O’Leary NA, de la Vega E, Browdy CL, Gross PS and Baatz JE. The role of
crustins in Litopenaeus vannamei in response to infection with shrimp pathogens: an in
vivo approach. Developmental and Comparative Immunology 33 (2009) 668–673.
- Saadi, A.F., A. Dawodu, B.O. Afandi, R. Zayed, S. Bendedict, N. Wagelkerke and B.W.
Hollis. 2009. Effect of Combined Maternal and Infant Vitamin D Supplementation on
Vitamin D Status of Exclusively Breastfed Infants. Matern Child Nutr. 5, 25-32.
- Lim, U., M.F. Freedman, B.W. Hollis, R.L. Horst, M.P. Purdue, N. Chatterjee, S.J.
Weinstein, L.M. Morton, A. Schatzkin, J. Virtamo, M.S. Linet, P. Hartge and D. Albanes.
2009. A Prospective Investigation of Serum 25(OH)D and Risk of Lymphoid Cancers. Int
J Cancer. 124, 979-86.
- Nelson, M.L., J.M. Blum, B.W. Hollis, C. Rosen and S.S. Sullivan. 2009. Supplements of
20 microg/d Cholecalciferol Optimized 25(OH)D Concentrations in 80% of Premenopausal 09/25/2009
Women in Winter. J Nutr. 139, 540-6.
- Breham, J.M., J.C. Celedon, M.E. Soto-Quiros, L. Avila, G.M. Hunninglake, E. Forno, D.
Lasky, J.S. Silva, B.W. Hollis, S.T. Weiss and A.A. Litonjua. 2009. Serum Vitamin D
Levels and Markers of Severity of Childhood Asthma in Costa Rica. Am J Respir Crit Care
Med. 179, 765-71.
- Stolzenburg-Solomon, R.Z., R.B. Hayes, R.L. Horst, K.E. Anderson, B.W. Hollis and D.T.
Silverman. 2009. Serum Vitamin D and Risk of Pancreatic Cancer in the Prostate, Lung,
Colorectal, and Ovarian Screening Trial. Cancer Res. 69, 1439-47.
- Cannell, J.J., B.W. Hollis, M.B. Sorenson and J.J. Anderson. 2009. Athletic Performance
and Vitamin D. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 41, 1102-10.
- Liu, P.T., M. Schenk, V.P. Walker, P.W. Dempsey, M. Kanchanapoomi, M. Wheelwright, A.
Vazirnia, X. Zhang, A. Steinmeyer, U. Zugel, B.W. Hollis, G. Cheng and R.L. Modlin.
2009. Convergence of IL-1β and VDR Activation Pathways in Human TLR 2/1-Induced
Antimicrobial Responses. PLoS One. 4, e5810.
- Trump, D.L., M.K. Chandha, A.Y. Sunga, M.G. Fakih, U. Ashraf, C.G. Stallman, B.W.
Hollis, M.K. Nesline, L. Tian and C.S. Johnson. 2009. Vitamin D Deficiency and
Insufficiency Among Patients with Cancer. BJU Int.
- Hollis, B.W. 2010. Assessment and Interpretation of Circulating 25(OH)D and
1,25(OH)2D in the Clinical Environment. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Amer. (In Press).
- Carneiro, R.M., L. Prebehalla, M.B. Tedesco, S.M. Sereika, M. Hugo, B.W. Hollis, C.M.
Gundberg, A.F. Stewart and M.F. Horwitz. 2010. Lactation and Bone Turnover: A
Conundrum of Marked Bone Loss in the Setting of Coupled Bone Turnover. J. Clin. Endo.
Metab. (In Press).
- Baird, D.D., M.C. Hill, J.M. Schectman and B.W. Hollis. 2010. Could Vitamin D Prevent
Uterine Fibroids. (Submitted for Publication).
- Lee, J.E., H.L., E. Giovarvnucci, B.W. Hollis, I.M. Lee, M. Stampfer, K. WU and J. Ma.
2010. Plasma Concentrations of Vitamin D Metabolites and Colon and Rectal Cancer:
The Physicians’ Health Study and Meta-Analysis of Prospective Studies. (Submitted for
- Michalec JA, Rittenberg C, Ebeling M, Macias MM, Hulsey TC, Katikaneni LD. Increased
neurodevelopmental delays in preterm multiples with birthweight less than 1500g.
Submitted for publication to Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 2009
- Wagner, C.L., C. Howard, T.C. Hulsey, R.A. Lawrence, S.N. Taylor, H. Will, M. Ebling, J.
Hutson and B.W. Hollis. 2010. Circulating 25(OH)D levels in fully breastfed infants on oral 04/21/2010
vitamin D supplementation. Int. J. Endocrinol.
- Applegren, K.E., P.J. Nietert, T.C. Hulsey, B.W. Hollis and C.L. Wagner. 2010. Analyzing
adherence to prenatal supplement: does pill count measure up? Int. J. Endocrinol.
Neuhouser, M.L., L. Bernstein, B.W. Hollis, L. Xiao, A. Ambs, K. Baumgartner, R.
Baumgartner, A. McTiernan, and R. Ballard-Barbash. 2010. Serum vitamin D and breast
density in breast cancer survivors. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 19:412-7.
- Horwitz, M.J., M.B. Tedesco, A. Garcia-Ocana, S.M. Sereika, L. Prebehala, A. Bisello, B.W.
Hollis, C.M. Gundberg and A.F. Stewart. 2010. Parathyroid Hormone-related protein for
the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis: defining the maximal tolerable dose. J.
Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 95:1279-87.
- Jenkins D, Chang E, Singh I. Neuroprotective interventions: Is it too late? J Child
Neurology 2009; 24(9):1212-1219.
- Nie X, Chang E, Singh I, Jenkins D. N-acetylcysteine with hypothermia for neonatal HIE has differential effects based on gender. Society for Pediatric Research meeting, Baltimore, May 2009, abstract, poster symposium.
- Koch F, Wagner C, Jenkins D, Katikaneni L, Martin R, Caplan M, Robinson N, Rollins LG, Mulvihill D. Cerebral Blood Flow Changes in term newborns following chorioamnionitis: Males with greater susceptibility? Society for Pediatric Research meeting, Baltimore, May 2009, abstract, poster presentation.
- Body composition as an indicator of growth in preterm infants with BW<1250gm Accepted for Poster symposium presentation at PAS meeting in may 2009 at Baltimore.
- Lakshmi Katikaneni, Carol Wagner, Sarah Taylor and Thomas Hulsey Oral findings in preterm infants –Mary Leathers,lakshmi Katikaneni,Carlos Salinas. Accepted for poster presentation at PAS meeting in May 2009 at Baltimore
- Correlation and reliability of anticoagulation parameters during ECMO. Kiger JR, Purohit DM, Hulsey TC, Ebeling M, Wagner CL. Pediatric Academic Society Meeting.
- Late Preterm Infants (LPI) vs Term Infants (TI): Comparison of clinical outcomes, length of stay, and hospital costs. Ross JR, Purohit DM, Ebeling M, Hulsey TC. Pediatric Academic Society Meeting.