Home : Department of Pediatrics : Academic Divisions : Endocrinology : Endocrinology Publications
Division Publications (within the last 5 years)
Division Publications (within the last 5 years)
- CXCL13 Activation of c-Myc Induce RANK ligand expression in stromal/preosteoblast cells in the oral squamous cell carcinoma tumor-bone microenvironment, Oncogene, 32:97-105, 2013.
- CXCL5 stimulation of RANK ligand expression in Paget's of bone, Lab Invest., 93(4):472-9, 2013.
- Enhanced Levels of FGF-2 and SOCS signaling modulate RANK ligand expression in patients with Paget’s Disease. J Cell Biochem. 114:2032-8, 2013.
- You Are All Grown Up: Moving from Pediatric to Adult Diabetes Care. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences. April, 2013.
- A Single Histrelin Implant is Effective for Two Years for Treatment of Central Precocious Puberty. J. Pediatr. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2013.05.033
- NIP45 negatively regulates RANK ligand induced osteoclast differentiation, J Cell Biochem, 113: 1274–1281, 2012
- Random Luteinizing Hormone Often Remains Pubertal in Children Treated with the Histrelin Implant for Central Precocious Puberty. J. Pediatr. October, 2012.
- How Prevalent is Vitamin D Insufficiency and Deficiency in Pediatric Renal Transplant Patients? Journal of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, Vol 4, No 2 (2012)
- Mutant p62P392L stimulation of osteoclast differentiation in Paget's disease of bone. Endocrinology, 152:2011 (e-pub).
- Neonatal Graves Disease Associated with Severe Metabolic Abnormalities. Pediatrics. July 2011;128(1):e232-6.
- MUSC Pediatric Endocrinology Diabetes Management in Children, 2011.
- Update on Precocious Puberty. The Female Patient, Jan 2010;35(1):31-35.
- Bicalutamide and third-generation aromatase inhibitors in testotoxicosis. Pediatrics. Sep 2010;126(3):e728-33.
- Osteoclast inhibitory peptide-1 binding to the Fc gamma RIIB inhibits osteoclast differentiation. Endocrinology. 151:4389-99, 2010.
- Role of CXC chemokine ligand 13 in oral squamous cell carcinoma associated osteolysis in athymic mice. Int J Cancer. 126:2319-29, 2010.
- Microarray profile of gene expression during osteoclast differentiation in modelled microgravity. J Cell Biochem. 111:1179-87, 2010.
- Factors that affect postnatal bone growth retardation in the twitcher murine model of Krabbe's disease. BBA, 1802: 601-608, 2010 (PMID: 20441793).
- Congenital Hypothyroidism and Late-Onset Goiter, Endo Trends, 2009.
- Sex Reversal and Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2009.
- IL-12 stimulates the osteoclast inhibitory peptide-1 (OIP-1) gene expression in CD4+ T cells. J Cell. Biochem. 107:104-111, 2009 (PMCID: PMC2782485).
- Bone loss in survival motor neuron (Smn(-/-) SMN2) genetic mouse model of spinal muscular atrophy. J Pathol. 219:52-60, 2009.
- FGF-2 stimulation of RANK ligand expression in Paget's disease of bone. Mol Endocrinol.23:1445-54, 2009.
- A novel functions of CXCL13 to stimulate RANK ligand expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 7:1399-407, 2009.
- Experience with the once-yearly histrelin (GnRHa) subcutaneous implant in the treatment of central precocious puberty. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2009;3:1-5.
- Endocrinology of male puberty. Current Opinion in Endocrinology Diabetes and Obesity. Feb 2009;16(1):5-9.
Current Clinical Trials:
- A Multi-center, Observational Registry of Pediatric Female Patients with Central Precocious Puberty receiving Supprelin® LA (Histrelin Acetate), A Hydrogel Subcutaneous Implant
- Congenital Hypothyroidism in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Natural History Study of the Development of Type 1 Diabetes (Trial Net TN01)
- Genetics and Neuroendocrinology of Short Stature International Study This study will analyze a number of genes involved in the development of the pituitary gland, and regulation of growth, in certain children with growth problems or hormone deficiencies.
- Correlations between Hemoglobin A1C and Body Mass Index Change in Pediatric Endocrinology Newly Diagnosed with All Types of Diabetes Exposed to an Instructional Tool.
- Correlations between Hemoglobin A1C and Body Mass Index Change in Pediatric Endocrinology Patients Newly Diagnosed with All Types of Diabetes.
- SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth: South Carolina Center. To identify, validate and confirm eligibility of incident cases of diabetes diagnosed in the low-country area of South Carolina.
- Increlex TM Growth Forum Database–IGFD Registry: A Patient Registry for Monitoring Long-term Safety and Efficacy of Increlex TM .
- Norditropin Registry. Post-marketing observational study looking at dosing, adverse events and long-term safety and efficacy within children and adolescents that have been prescribed Norditropin ®.
- Eli Lilly’s Genesis Study. Post-marketing observational study looking at dosing, adverse events and long-term safety and efficacy within children and adolescents that have been prescribed Humatrope ®.