The Pediatric Travel Clinic at MUSC offers comprehensive services for children of all ages, families, and young adults who are planning a trip out of the country. Clinic physicians are pediatricians who have received additional training in tropical medicine and traveler’s health.
Services Provided Pre-travel
- Counseling on preventive measures including insect protection, food and water precautions, prevention of insect-borne infections and blood borne diseases, high altitude sickness, approach to illness while traveling, and environmental risks
- Counseling on special precautions to take with young children regarding air travel, safety, diarrhea and dehydration, sun and insect protection, and malaria prevention
- Both routine and travel-specific vaccinations
- Prescriptions for malaria prevention and treatment of traveler’s diarrhea
Services Provided Post-Travel
- Follow up care for children with travel-related illness
- Booster vaccinations as needed
Scheduling your appointment
We recommend scheduling your appointment at least 4-6 weeks prior to your trip. Please bring the following to your appointment: a list of medications you are taking, allergies, prior vaccinations, and your travel itinerary.
To schedule an appointment, call 843-876-8512.