Pediatric Travel Clinic
The Pediatric Travel clinic offers comprehensive services for children of all ages, families and young adults who are planning a trip out of the country. Clinic physicians are pediatricians who have received additional training in tropical medicine and traveler’s health.
Services Provided Pre-travel
- Counseling on preventive measures including insect protection, food and water precautions, prevention of insect-borne infections and blood-borne diseases, high altitude sickness, approach to illness while traveling and environmental risks.
- Counseling on special precautions to take with young children regarding air travel safety, diarrhea and dehydration, sun and insect protection, and malaria prevention.
- We provide both routine and travel-specific vaccinations.
- Prescriptions for malaria prevention and treatment of traveler’s diarrhea are available.
Services Provided Post-travel
- Follow up care is available for children with travel-related illness.
- We offer booster vaccinations as needed.
Scheduling Your Appointment
We recommend scheduling your appointment at least four to six weeks prior to your trip. Please bring the following to your appointment: a list of medications you are taking, allergies, prior vaccinations and your travel itinerary.
To schedule an appointment, call 843-876-8512.