The orthopaedic care team at MUSC Children's Health provides comprehensive care of all operative and non-operative orthopaedic conditions in children and teenagers. Our pediatric orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to helping children and families, addressing patients' needs as they grow and develop.
Orthopaedic Conditions We Treat
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Scoliosis and related spinal deformities or conditions
- Hip Conditions
- Leg length discrepancy
- Lower extremity angular deformity
- Clubfoot and flatfoot
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida/Myelomeningocele
- Bowed legs (genu varum)
- Knock knees (genu valgum)
- In-toeing or out-toeing
- Orthopaedic aspects of any and all syndromes
- Musculoskeletal infections
- Benign and malignant bone tumors
Procedures We Perform
- Non-operative and surgical treatment of all pediatric and adolescent injuries
- Spinal fusion for scoliosis
- Pelvic and femoral osteotomies for hip dysplasia and related conditions
- Ponseti casting for clubfoot
- Growing spine treat for early onset scoliosis (Casting, MAGEC, VEPTR, Growing Rods)
8992 University Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29406
Our Care Team
In The News
She's had more operations than years of life
But this girl is a fighter, armed with a guardian's love and the care of a team of medical experts.
Expert Advice on How Children Should Properly Fill and Carry Backpacks
Dr. Robert Murphy shows the right way to wear a backpack and the proper weight for growing children.
Heavy book bags: Tips to ease student back pain
Dr. Robert Murphy gives advice regarding how students can safely pack and wear their backpacks.