Fetal Heart Program
The MUSC Fetal Heart Program provides comprehensive care for mothers carrying babies with a confirmed or suspected heart problem. We work closely with a statewide network of obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine experts, pediatric cardiologists and surgeons to ensure the highest quality care throughout pregnancy, during delivery and after birth.
Heart problems are the most common congenital condition affecting newborns. The MUSC Fetal Heart Program provides accurate diagnosis, detailed management recommendations and coordination of care.
Read about nine-month-old Raelyn Wilson and the open-heart surgery used to correct her congenital heart defect.
Read about Elizabeth's congenital heart defect and the care provided by the pediatric cardiology team.
Services We Provide
- State-of-the-art fetal echocardiography performed by specialized fetal cardiac sonographers.
- Counseling and education about cardiac diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and potential outcomes.
- Planning for labor and delivery.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care including the obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists, cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons.
- Complete and family-centered care of your newborn after birth.
- Access to one of the leading pediatric cardiothoracic surgery teams in the world.