Our comprehensive surgery program is the only one in South Carolina, and with an overall 30-day survival rate of 99 percent, ranks among the best in the world. The combination of advanced technology and an individualized approach to each patient in an intimate, attentive environment ensures this continued success.
The number of surgical procedures we perform has steadily increased over the last 20 years. Our surgeons treat patients from birth through young adulthood. We treat both congenital and acquired cardiothoracic disorders.
Services We Offer
Our cardiothoracic surgeons offer reconstructive surgery for the correction and palliation of all forms of cardiac defects in infants, children and adults, including:
- Early complete repair during infancy
- Blood preservation, and minimally invasive surgery
- Hybrid procedures
- Ross procedure for aortic valve replacement
- Valve-sparing aortic root surgery for Marfan syndrome
- Comprehensive ECMO and ventricular assist program
- Heart transplantation
- Slide tracheoplasty for tracheal stenosis
Our Care Team
More Care Team Members
Catherine S. Rubinstein, FNP
Jennifer F. Reeves, PA