A key part of any surgery is managing pain. Children with congenital and acquired heart disease have special needs when it comes to anesthesia. Our dedicated team of six specialized pediatric cardiothoracic anesthesiologists are highly qualified to plan safe anesthesia for each child based on age, weight, diagnosis, type of surgery/procedure and medical history.
Services We Provide
- Evaluation of the child and discussion with parents before the procedure.
- Comprehensive management during surgery, including anesthetic drugs, management of cardiovascular drugs and transfusion of blood products.
- Anesthetic care of children undergoing cardiac catheterizations, electrophysiology studies and advanced cardiac imaging studies.
- Anesthetic management of children with congenital heart defects undergoing non-cardiac surgery, including the coordination of multidisciplinary providers.
- Development and refinement of strategies, equipment, drugs and techniques to optimize outcomes.