We specialize in a variety of procedures including endoscopy, liver biopsy, impedance probes and breath hydrogen tests. We collaborate with many other specialties at MUSC Health to treat patients as holistically as possible. We're committed to Changing What is Possible for children with digestive disease.
The 2018–19 edition of U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Children's Hospitals has ranked MUSC Children’s Hospital as a "best hospital" for pediatric gastroenterology and GI surgery.
Read about six-year-old Chase Seningen and the minimally invasive endoscopic procedure used to repair his pancreas after a fall off of the monkey bars.
Boy with trouble in his tummy but generosity in his blood finds 'miracle.' Read Charley Sterling's story.
Services We Offer
- Bowel management
- Inflammatory bowel disorders care
- Feeding assistance
- Liver disease (hepatology) care
- Pediatric therapeutic endoscopy program
GI & Nutrition Conditions We Treat
- Acute and recurring pancreatitis
- Celiac disease
- Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction
- Crohn’s disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency
- Fatty liver disease
- Food allergies
- Gallbladder & biliary tract diseases
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Hirschsprung disease
- Imperforate anus
- Intestinal polyps
- Intestinal tumors
- Intestinal vascular anomalies (gastrointestinal bleeding)
- Pancreatic tumors
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
You and your child can watch this video to learn more about celiac disease and how MUSC Children's Health can help.
You and your child can watch this video to learn more about constipation and how MUSC Children's Health can help.
Childrens Health at Beaufort
MUSC Childrens Health at Tidelands
Specialty Care Mount Pleasant
Specialty Care North Charleston
Our Care Team
More Care Team Members
Analina Bayag, RN
Jennifer Beall, CPNP
R’celle Boyd, RN
Marquita Browne, RN
Kathleen Budds, RN
Kelley Deaton, CPNP
Leslie Lane, CPNP
Kelli Miller, RD
Karen O'Brien, ARNP
Tonya Svensson, CMA
Marquita Turner, RN
Keri Marie Walker, RN