The 2016-17 edition of U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Children's Hospitals has ranked MUSC Children's Hospital as a "best hospital" for pediatric cancer, ranking among the top programs in the country.
The Cancer Program at the MUSC Children's Hospital is:
- The only bone marrow transplant center in South Carolina.
- The state’s only pediatric neuro-oncology program.
- South Carolina’s largest pediatric cancer center.
Services We Offer
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging
- Advanced radiation oncology options, such as TomoTherapy® and radiosurgery
- Dedicated pediatric surgeons
- The latest minimally invasive surgery techniques
- Stem cell rescue for high-dose chemotherapy patients
- Treatment standards, protocols and clinical trials approved by the Children’s Oncology Group and the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium
- A pain management program
Pediatric Cancer Conditions We Treat
- Brain tumors
- Ewing sarcoma
- Germ cell tumors
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Osteogenic sarcoma
- Wilms tumor
The MUSC Children's Health Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant Program is the only one in South Carolina. We’re certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy.