MUSC Foster Care Support Clinic (FCSC)
The Foster Care Support Clinic (FCSC) is a medical home serving children who have an open case with the Department of Social Services (DSS) or who have been adopted. The Clinic is a partnership between the SC DSS and MUSC Children’s Hospital.
The FCSC provides primary care medical services using a patient centered medical home model established by the American Academy of Pediatrics. A Patient Centered Medical Home is a place where your child’s medical treatment is coordinated through his/her primary care doctor. As a patient centered medical home, we work on both the medical and non-medical needs of your child and family. We provide medical care for your child when and where they need it in a manner that you can understand. We follow and take care of your child, healthy and sick, from birth through high school.
What are the benefits of the FCSC?
- Primary medical care including well child check-ups and sick visits
- Coordination of sub-specialty medical visits, PT, OT, and ST services
- Interdisciplinary care conferences as indicated by child’s medical complexity
- Individual and group training classes provided free of charge for foster parents, caregivers, and DSS staff
- Weekly coordination meetings between the FCSC and DSS
Tracy Halasz, RN, MSN, CPNP – Nurse Practitioner
Tara Peevy, RN, BSN, CPN – Nurse Coordinator
The FCSC provides classes for Foster Parents, DSS Caseworkers, and Community Partners, free of charge. Please contact Machelle Green, FCSC Coordinator at 843-876-7023 for more information and to register for a class. Registration is required to attend a class.
Online Education Opportunities (pdfs)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and the Lifelong Consequences of Trauma
- Bring Out The Best in Your Children
- Parenting After Trauma: Understanding Your Child's Needs
Contact Information, Location
Scheduling New and Established Patients: 843-876-7023
Clinical Questions for the Nurse Coordinator: 843-876-7028
Fax Number: 843-876-1935
North Charleston After Hours
2750 Dantler Drive, Unit 102
North Charleston, SC 29406
Resources for FCSC Parents and Professionals
Vanderbilt Assessment Scales (pdfs)
Ages & Stages Questionnaires (pdfs)
Screen for Child Anxiety Related Disorders (pdfs)
A doctor is available to speak to you about an urgent problem your child is having 24 hours a day, even when the office is closed.
To speak to a doctor after the clinic is closed:
- Call the clinic number at 843-792-3955
- Operator will answer the phone call
- Provide your child’s name and a call back number
- Be sure to tell the operator your child is “a patient of the FCSC”
- A doctor will call you back within a few minutes