The Foster Care Support Clinic (FCSC) is a medical home serving medically complex and/or high risk children who have an open DSS case (Foster Care or CPS) or who have been adopted. The Clinic is a partnership between the SC Department of Social Services (DSS) and MUSC Children’s Hospital.
What are the benefits of the FCSC?
- Primary medical care including well child check-ups and sick visits provided by a full time Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in coordination with the Pediatric Primary Care Physicians
- Coordination of sub-specialty medical visits and services
- Interdisciplinary care conferences as indicated by child’s medical complexity
- Social work & counseling services including school and home visits as needed
- Individual and group training classes provided free of charge for foster parents, caregivers, and DSS staff
View our calendar of classes and events for May and June 2014.
The FCSC provides classes for Foster Parents, DSS Caseworkers, and Community Parnters, free of charge. Please contact Machelle Green, FCSC Coordinator at 843-876-7023 for more information and to register for a class. Registration is required to attend a class.
Tracy Halasz, Nurse Practitioner
Machelle Green, Human Services Coordinator
Location and Contact Information
The clinic is located on the 3rd Floor of Rutledge Tower in the Pediatric Primary Care Clinic.
New and established patients may contact the FCSC Coordinator to schedule an appointment or class at 843-876-7023.
MUSC Rutledge Tower
135 Rutledge Ave
Charleston, SC 29425