Home : Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology) : Pediatric Tracheostomy Handbook
Tracheostomy Care Handbook
Table of Contents
- What is a tracheostomy?
- Why does my child need a tracheostomy?
- How long will my child require a tracheostomy?
- Will my child be able to speak?
- Will my child be able to eat?
- Types of Tracheostomy Tubes
- How do I take care of the tracheostomy?
- Suctioning of the Tracheostomy
- Cleaning around the Tracheostomy
- Changing the Ties
- Providing Humidity
- Changing the Tracheostomy Tube
- What should I look for if I think my child is in trouble?
- How do I perform CPR on my child if they have a tracheostomy?
- What safety measures can I take at home?
- Warning signs (PDF)